August 28, 2018

MOSI GALLERY FEATURE

I am so excited to show two pieces of my original art at the MOSI gallery in Tampa. I decided to show the piece that started it all accompanied by a new work, created for the show.

The Swamp at Dawn - 2018 by Teresa Navajo

City Lights - 2016 by Teresa Navajo
In 2016 I made it my mission to leave the job I had at the time and finally become an artist full time. I painted City Lights while home from work, it was a holiday - the establishment was closed but that didnt stop the people that I worked for at the time to text me with tasks. I was already miserable there and decided to release some of my frustrations on the canvas. Im pretty glad that I did because that day started a fire that ultimately gave me fuel to apply for (and get accepted into) Gasparilla Festival of the Arts as well as start my artist's collective, Fringe Creatives.

Fast forward to today... 3 years after the creation of this painting that literally opened the door to my creative pursuit of happiness and now I am showing it in a gallery along with a new piece, The Swamp at Dawn. I decided to share these two works for this show because it has been a wild journey. City Lights represents where I was and now, The Swamp shows where I am currently...

You may notice that in The Swamp, there is reference to reflections. Something I have been doing a lot of lately. There is still a lot to come for me as an artist but right now, in this season of my life I am embracing the journey I have been on and finding inspiration in nature and the metaphysical. Im learning from the road I have travelled and I am excited to move forward, to bloom into the next chapter. I am very excited to share these pieces at MOSI  and see them displayed side by side, if you are local to the Tampa area, please stop in and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...